Would you like to be a Peak Performer?
Peak and Performance attracts each other and put a person into driving force to keep learning and moving forward. Learning is never ending fun which brings sustainability and grounding at peak. Learning is possible when we develop learnability within us. Luckily, we can do it. Good News is that we can develop it at any point of time. How? – By developing learner’s characteristics.
A very famous saying in Hindi:
“काक चेष्टा, बको ध्यानं,
स्वान निद्रा तथैव च ।
विद्यार्थी पंच लक्षणं ॥“
It speaks about 5 characteristics of a learner. Efforts of crow, Concentration of crane, Alertness of dog, Sensible and Filtered emotional, physical and mental eating, Courage to come out of your comfort zone.
- All of you have heard about the story of thirsty crow, how he put his consistent efforts to collect pebbles to get the water. A person must have a thrust to achieve his/her goals. Goals should be well defined and one should put disciplined persistent efforts to reach them. No matter how hard it is, never giving up attitude, develops resilience power and flexibility of adapting situational changes.
- Crane is known for concentration and aim. One can aim BIG, nothing wrong with that. You and only ‘you’ can decide what do you deserve. But to achieve that aim one should strive for excellence with lot of patience, humbleness and non-flickering concentration. Ask for feedback, accept criticism positively and keep evolving.
- Dog is always alert even during sleep. Alertness needs Mindfulness and being Present every time. How do you manage your time? Who decides your timetable? If you will lose control, something/someone else will decide your time. Mindfulness is living in present and focusing your energy on current work. I like it a lot, I am doing it right now while writing this blog, looking at the screen, sensing my figures moving on keyboard, listening to the keypad sound and enjoying breathing and writing.
- Health is Wealth. Limited intake of healthy food is always recommended. Similarly, emotional and mental eating is also important to keep mind body and soul healthy. In today’s techno time information is overloaded everywhere at every channel. One should know how to filter the information, keep filters on and only take what is needed, authentic and useful. Coach your mind to master the skills to refine the thinking process and make it calm and productive. Balancing and managing emotions are very important to take control over mind and go forward.
- Break the comfort-zone. Being fit and cozy into a comfort zone sounds good but actually it is not good for the growth or excellence. Break limited beliefs and install powerful ones, coach your unconscious to develop better habits and fruitful strategies. No one is barrier in our path, it is only we, who are putting so many constrains on us. Just by taking one step: identify and appreciate your higher potential and limits, strictly say no to procrastination.
After learning and applying the following points, one can be a peak performer who has an amazing power of learnability. Coaching helps a person to develop all kinds of characteristics, and realizing changes in one’s performance. Everyone has something to bring out as a star performer, the choice to take a step is in our hands.