Power of Motivation
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”- Amelia Earhart . Do you think you’re a person with enough capacity to contribute more? If so, these insights on motivation will surely interest you.
Insights on Motivation
Reaching your ideal motivational state means enjoying real confidence based on emotional empowerment. If you feel this personal power, you know who you are, your real personality, and your beliefs & core values. Moreover, when a person enjoys an optimal motivational state, they know that there’s a huge range of possibilities in their hands. It simply establishes equal relationships with others by setting healthy beliefs and understanding the communication system. If you make good use of your personal power, it will guide you to achieve your goals.
Now the point is, what is motivation and how to reach a motivational state.
Well…Motivation is the word derived from the word ’motive’ which means needs, desires, wants or drives within the individuals. Motivation is what explains why people or animals initiate, continue or terminate a certain behaviour at a particular time. Motivational states are commonly understood as forces acting within the individuals that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors. It is what causes you to act, whether it is getting a glass of water, writing a blog or learning something new. It is often held that different mental states compete with each other and that only the strongest state determines behavior. Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term “motivation” is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions.
Motivation may be either extrinsic or intrinsic.
- Extrinsic motivation are those that arise from outside of the individual and often involve rewards such as trophies, money, power, position, social recognition, or praise.
- Intrinsic motivation are those that arise from within the individual, such as playing chess or writing poem for the personal gratification.
Research on motivation has been employed in various fields. Motivation is important both to an individual and a business. Motivation is important to an individual as:
- Motivation will help him identify and achieve his/her personal goals.
- If an individual is motivated, he/she will have a great job satisfaction.
- Motivation will help in the self-development and growth of individuals.
- An individual would always gain by working with a dynamic and cooperative team.
Similarly, motivation is important to a business as:
- The more motivated the employees are, the more empowered the team is.
- The more is the teamwork and individual employee contribution, the more profitable and successful the business.
- During the period of amendments or unpredictability , there will be more adaptability, innovation and creativity.
- Motivation will lead to an optimistic, assertive, empathetic and challenging attitude at the workplace.
How to uplift motivation level?
Even if you’re feeling low on motivation, there are steps you can take that will keep you moving forward. Some things you can do include:
- Adjust your goals to focus on things that really matter to you
- If you’re tackling something that is just too big or too overwhelming, break it up into smaller steps and try setting your sights on achieving that first step toward progress.
- Improve your confidence level.
- Remind yourself about what you achieved in the past and what where your strengths lie.
- If there are things you feel not so strong and clear about, try working on making improvements in those areas so that you feel more skilled and capable.
- Do smart goal setting and planning
- Reward yourself to be fascinated towards your goals.
- Find external sources to motivate yourself like reading books, quotes, watching documentaries or motivational stories, having motivational conversations with others.
- Using Coaching tool
Power of Motivation
Anyone who has ever had a goal (like wanting to lose 30 pounds or run a marathon or writing a book) probably immediately realizes that simply having the desire to accomplish something is not enough. Achieving such a goal requires the ability to persist through obstacles and endurance to keep going in spite of difficulties. For all that a person needs to maintain an optimal motivational state. It is the power of motivation that drives you to accomplish your task.
Coaching for uplifting Motivational Level
Using coaching tool one can activate, maintain and intensify motivational state. This can be done by either self-coaching or a professional coaching (facilitate by a life coach). Coaching helps you to realize your dreams and identify your personal power. It develops intrinsic motivation. Coaching helps you to strategies yourself to deal with external obstacles and reaching your milestones, that develops extrinsic motivation. In a nutshell, more you are coached, more you are motivated, more you are successful.